Sunday, August 3, 2014

August 3, A Rainy, Cool Beginning

I took Jeff into town to meet up with Jon, and they ran about 15 miles together before Jon headed home. It was a pretty good morning, too, with lots of cloud cover, and very little sun. The temperature stayed coolish, too. At least until the rain went away and the sun came out! Then it got downright hot and steamy!

After their run together, we all went to Sonic for lunch. Many of you that know me know I am not a fan of fast food. However, the Sonic burger is pretty good, especially if you remove part of the bun! Anyway, that was probably the highlight of our day, going to Sonic. Really! Except for having Jon visit. His wife Connie and daughter Hannah, were away at a conference. We missed them, but they wouldn't have run much with Jeff. :)

Pretty bad pic, but that is Jon waving goodbye!

Today was not much to talk about, beyond that, really. I went grocery shopping at a small town grocer again. I really am looking forward to the next Walmart! And I don't normally shop at Walmart. I really like stores like Whole Foods, and Central Market, which is a Texas grocer. I haven't found fresh fish since we left Oregon, I think! That is a main staple for us, grilled fish. I miss it.

The town of Beloit is a pretty cool town. Of course, being Sunday, pretty much everything was closed. But they have a really pretty river running through town, and the railroad. I found an RV dump at a city park, which seems to be common in this state. Filled the tank, and headed down the road. There are lots and lots of BIG, HUGE farm equipment for sale here on the highway out of town. And, you know, everyone of those tractors and such had an air conditioned cab! (Can you tell I am getting a bit ragged about the lack of a/c in my coach? I wonder if it would help get something done if I started talking about the brand and all.... hmmm....)


The old schoolhouse in a road side park in Beloit.
             

Once again, we simply traveled from one small town to the next. However, today was a bit different. Although there were indications that there might be some commerce in some of these towns, we actually found nothing.



               

Jeff didn't find much of interest on the side of the road yesterday, but today was not a bad day!
And, even I found something! A recently dead snake that was still basically whole. Yeah me....

Cute!


Noticing a theme with the toads.
         

Even the sunflowers in the Sunflower State
are getting hard to find here.

Jeff made another doggie friend. This one crossed
the highway to say hello.
         

He was fairly good sized.

            

Interesting church. We like the historic ones, but this caught Jeff's eye.
We did get some scenic shots, although we are taking less of them. When something changes again, we will pick up again.


Loved this farmhouse!
         

I include this, as I'm not sure why Jeff parked by the portapotty! 

And, we do have a mailbox today! Enjoy!










2 comments:

  1. Yes, perhaps some negative comments with the name of the coach manufacturer would catch their attention. Maybe even some media coverage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am certainly considering it, Denise! We spent a lot of money on this coach to have such a colossal failure!

    ReplyDelete