Monday, August 11, 2014

August 10, Rain!

I have a huge debt to Matt Manning now. He got up and drove Jeff back into downtown Kansas City really, really early! I got to get up, take my shower, do some stuff on the computer. There was a bit of a delay, however, due to the thunderstorms that came through the area. By the time Jeff got started, it was just rain. Lots and lots of rain!

Matt posting about Jeff's getting started.

Yes, it rained pretty much all day!
     

The road ahead was pretty damp looking!
Jeff is continuing to find some really interesting stuff on the road. I don't know how he is so lucky!

He might need this today!

Um.... not sure what to say!
       

Well, it is a farming community.

          

Remember back in the old days when you slammed
your phone down to hang up on an
argument? I think people now just throw them
out the window!

We knew it was raining cats and dogs.... but this is real rain to drop a fish on the road!
       
There are still some pretty scenic pics. Missouri is a very pretty state! Of course I already knew that. Tons of rolling hills, the Ozarks, huge rivers. And of course, the corn.....


            


Great house! Big porch all around, and a Texas star!
         
I find it interesting that there are so many ways to use the big bluffs of basalt and limestone. There are holes all over! They aren't all quarries, either.


        


Jeff made another friend today. In fact, this guy was so friendly! No collar, but a guy driving by said the dog lived on the corner. He just liked to visit.



I never actually knew that OZ was in Missouri! Makes sense, I guess, since it is next door to Kansas!



There were several of these on the route. I thought they were really sweet!



Time to leave you with the flower of the day, and the mailbox of the day!


Didn't say it was a standout! Lol....
         





No comments:

Post a Comment