Friday, August 15, 2014

August 13, A Big Banana Split

Jeff got a good early start, but seemed to be not feeling too well. He kept telling me he was fine, but I don't think he was. Maybe it is just the routine, and knowing that we now need 42+ miles per day in order to reach NYC in time. I don't know. He is doing such an awesome job, I hate to see him losing faith. Or maybe I am imagining things.



Today we passed through a couple of towns. Moberly was a much larger town than we normally pass through. Not sure why, really. Who knows why one town spreads and another doesn't? The railroad goes through there, though. 


      


I just love these old homes! I know that neither of us
would really care to live in one, but they are just
so great looking.
     
Moberly also had a great war memorial. 


        


         


Jeff found an interesting cafe to have lunch in. Called the Funny Pages Cafe. It was really cute, and the food looked really good! After his burger, he had a banana split! It looked amazing. Not sure why he didn't take a picture of it, though. He ate it all himself, though. I had iced tea....


        




We were pushing to reach Paris, and we almost made it! I had seen on the internet there was an RV park there, too. So we drove on into town to check it out. Sadly, we drove through and found a place right by the fairgrounds. There were other RV's there, parked and hooked up. I thought it was a city park, but it was just across the street from the city park. It was privately owned. So one of the RV'ers gave us the name and number of the guy. I called him, and he basically told me that it would be too much trouble to come over now and get the electric and water going to the other spot, so would we mind going to the RV park just south of town? I guess he was tired and it wasn't worth his time for just a night. So, off we went to the RV park south of town. Wow. Not impressed with it, either. But, it gives us power. No wifi or cable (not that we would watch it anyway!). But we sorely need the wifi, so I can get these pics downloaded and get the blog written and published!


       






So, I guess you may be wondering what Jeff's find of the day was?

Toto, I don't think we are in Colorado anymore!

There is a scenic shot around every bend. I bet it continues like that for the rest of the journey. Let's face it. America is really a beautiful country!


     


The Road Ahead is lined with trees.
     

I just love the delicate Queen Anne's Lace! There is a lot of it here.

For some reason, today was fish Mailbox day! Maybe because Mark Twain Lake is nearby? 


      


      




No comments:

Post a Comment