Friday, August 15, 2014

August 11, We Have A/C!

I may have mentioned that we had an appointment at the Camping World in Grain Valley, Missouri, this morning. It had been set up after we struck out in Colorado Springs. We have also had our salesman, Terry Pool, and the guys at National Indoor RV, helping to run some interference for us to help pave the way. So, we drove from where we stopped last night all the way back to Grain Valley, and stayed at the Walmart parking lot just across the interstate in Blue Springs. It was nice, too, as there was a 5 Guys. We hadn't had time to cook, so 5 Guys was it! Yum!



Jeff took off running this morning, although we were over a day's run from our end yesterday. Miles is miles, sometimes. I took off for the Camping World. Drug the dogs and my computer in, and they took the coach away. I also let them know about the episode yesterday where the coach wouldn't start. I tried the key maybe 8 times before it finally caught and turned over. Sounded electrical to me. So, we didn't turn it off until we were settled there at the Walmart parking lot! Figured they could tow it across the street if necessary. But, of course it started first time this morning, and every time since! They said the battery checked out fine. Anyway, after about an hour, Shari, the service lady helping me, told me that they determined the coils were crushed and had leaked out the coolant. They did not have a unit, but good news, their store in Columbia did! She told the guy there we would be there by 1:30. It was 100 miles away! And, I had not been able to contact Jeff in a while. Apparently his phone died.... Luckily, he showed up, and we loaded back up the dogs and took off. Actually were about 15 minutes late, but the guy said I had made really good time.... that happens when you drive like a bat out of hell! Jeff took off to run more, and I sat in the waiting room with the dogs. After about 2 hours, they came and told me it was all done, and they were bringing it around! Wow! And I didn't have to sign anything! Life is good! We have a/c for August!

Since Jeff was running off route, and I wasn't with him, I can't put too much into the pics he took. I'm not sure really where they were! So, I will just post a few, and try to make a comment or two.

Jeff and an early morning Super Moon selfie!

And the Super Moon again.
   

I have no comment.....

I know some folks that would love to have a beer tower!
     

This always makes things a bit dicey!

Apparently I was in the wrong place... Lol....
     

Jeff has a knack for finding fire stations.

      


The road ahead. Of Jeff.
     


So, it was another short day for Jeff. We have determined that in order to make it all the way to NYC, he will have to do 40-45 miles per day now. We have gotten so far behind! We drove back to where we stopped, plus the miles that Jeff ran today, and are now in Carrollton, Missouri. On the side of the road, and the temp is like 70 degrees.... lol.... after all that, we don't even need the a/c tonight!

Carrollton was a cool little town. No RV park, so we ended up driving around looking for a parking lot or something. No Walmart there, either. On the OLD highway 24, we found an old, shut down car dealership. It was sort of on the other side of the tracks from town, so we decided to park there. No one came by.


      


      


In his travels around the Camping World, he did manage to get a couple of mailboxes, though. Never fear. If they are around, Jeff will find them!



No comments:

Post a Comment