Sunday, June 1, 2014

Laundry Day

All three dogs have to pretty much stay in their crate, particularly while I am driving. And, at night. The little RV queen bed is not large enough for all 5 of us, and Pinkie cannot be trusted with carpet AT ALL! Zada likes to sit up and look at the scenery as it passes, Zilly and Pinkie pretty much sleep. A lot. Like all dogs do. (And to be clear, the crate is definitely secured.)


Part of my thinking was that dogs don't pee in their sleeping crate. Right. Well, this morning as I was getting up, I turned and noticed that Pinkie was in "the position", and was starting to tinkle on the blankies in the crate! I really had been amazed at how much the crate seemed to smell, as I had washed all the blankies before leaving! Now I knew. After taking Pinkie outside to finish her pee, I pulled the blankets out of the crate and tossed them in the corner for the first laundromat I found.

Not really a big deal, as I already had some of our clothes ready to wash. The problem was just finding a place. Reedsport had a pretty nice laundromat, but in order to wash there, you had to buy a card, as the machines wouldn't take change.  Only the card. So I went on down the road to the next town. Florence. Not only did I find a regular old laundromat, I also found a Safeway, a True Value hardware and a STARBUCKS! And, I found a local fish market to buy some local salmon. It was a great day, really. It seemed to take forever to get the laundry done, and dry. But I managed to pick up a few things at the hardware store we needed, and at the grocery.

I have decided that the river I drove up and down next to is exactly what a river should be. The water looked clean and clear, and it flowed so quietly, with the banks being green and not muddy brown. It is just perfect!


 We are in the Mapleton RV Park, which is also on the river. However, we can't see the river from our site. That was $5 more! I will try to get a pic in the morning before leaving.






Speaking of the Mapleton RV Park, it is funny. The people are really nice here. However, there are only about 3-4 other RVer's here. Mostly long term kinda folks. The lady in the office, Sharon, said that there are not many jobs here. Such a beautiful area, though! Retirement living should be good here! The interesting thing about being here is the fact that I keep having flashes of those old horror movies run through my mind. You know the ones, where the tourists stop someplace only to be cut into little pieces or something by the crazies that live there.... Where do thoughts like that even come from? Lol.... probably too many weird nights on the MICU....

Jeff had a very good day running. He loves to talk to folks. He came across a firefighter on the 101 that is making a 7,000 mile journey on his bicycle for the Make a Wish Foundation. Yes, apparently there are other people just as nuts as Jeff! It is really amazing who you meet while doing something like this. And people give him cash donations when they hear what we are up to! It is great. Yesterday we got the largest donation so far, and today a blind lady who had heard he was running down the road, had her mother drive until they found him, and she gave a cash donation!

No comments:

Post a Comment