Friday, June 6, 2014

June 4, No Internet!

I guess it was a tactical error, not blogging last night when we had internet back in Eugene. We are in a really cool RV park somewhere between Eugene and Bend. A very pretty little place, right on the Mackenzie River. We wouldn't have driven this far except for a cyclist, John, from Hurst, Texas, told us about this place.  So we drove the extra 5 miles to get here. Really glad we did!

Last night in Eugene, we were on a river, too. However, the park was not nearly so picturesque.
 This one is in the trees, on the river, with redwoods and maples surrounding us. The people at the parks are all very nice, and helpful, too! Last night, we had a spot with a goose poop problem! But, I did get some pics of the geese and their chicks.



Somehow, after Jeff's shower, he turned the water heater off. I only got a half hot shower, but felt much better! However, I couldn't figure out why the red error indicator light was glowing for the water heater. We tried everything we could think of. Shut everything off, waited, hoping it would reset like so many electronic things do. It didn't. So when I got up this morning, I called the dealership. One of the guys there talked me through it. Jeff was already gone running.... so it was up to me. Apparently we had not waited long enough for the light to go out, indicating that it had reset. Yay, hot water for my shower. I piddled around, made some coffee, cleaned the coach, gathered the laundry.... thinking I would go dump the tank and move on down the road.

Well, when I tried to retract the levelers, I never got an indication that they were "all up". So, I looked underneath. They looked fine, but the warning beep kept beeping. So, I called the manufacturer of the leveling system. Their number was right there on the control box! First, the receptionist told me that the technician was out to lunch. Was it critical? Haha.... I thought so! So, they got someone on the phone to help me. It seems this is a common problem with this model... he said I could just live with the beeping (no freaking way I'm driving 3,000 more miles with that beep!), or perhaps wrap some duct tape or electrical tape around the bottom of the pin so that it would make a good connection. I drove to the dump station, took care of that, then on down the road, looking for someone to help or some tape. I never passed an RV place, so it was up to me. I spied a Laundromat and pulled in. After I had a very nice conversation with the lady that worked there, and some of the other folks, I put the stuff in the washer and went in search of some tape. Finally found it at the 7-11 across the street. Much to my surprise, once I wrapped both rear pins with tape, the beeping stopped! It worked! That almost made up for having to get down on the ground at the laundromat and shimmy under the coach to tape those pins. Apparently, since they do hang down too low, one of them has even been bent a bit as the feet seem to drag the ground when going over a slight incline. Not the best design!



It was several hours before I finally found Jeff, and he was having a hard day. Not sure why, but I do know he didn't drink his Endurox R4 recovery drink last night. He forgot. I think it really helps! He was talking about shortening his day, but eventually hung in there for 30 miles. Very pretty miles, I might add! I love the little daisies on the side of the road. They must be weeds here, as they are everywhere! I remember picking them as a child in Missouri. We would take them home and Mother would put them in a water glass with food coloring in the water. The daisies would take on the color of the food coloring, so we would have pink and blue daisies!

One thing that we both found interesting about this part of Oregon. Just about every house on that highway was up for sale! Some very good prices on river front property, too! I guess the economy has not rebounded quite so well here, or something. Someone told us there weren't that many jobs in this part of the country. But I could live here, depending on how cold it gets in the winter! Apparently in the coastal areas, it rarely freezes, and the summer temps are very mild. Worth considering...


The dogs seem to be doing pretty well. They do spend a lot of time in their crate, but they seem to like it. They sleep a lot, but Zada does like to watch things go by in the window. Their new halter vests are working out very well, and they are very stylish! Zada is flames, and Zilly has fire helmets on hers. Pinkie doesn't need one, as she won't run off. She does like to explore, though, so we keep an eye on her. Amazing how that little blind dog is so fearless.



No comments:

Post a Comment