Monday, June 30, 2014

June 29, My Mother's Birthday

Today was my Mother's birthday. Although I tried to call, apparently I waited too late! It was still full light here, it was late there and no one answered the phone. I left a message. I feel really badly about that!

And now, we have been forced to park in a very out of the way gravel spot near a river and fields. We had a really nice place, right in front of this old school house, with some shady trees, right off the highway where Jeff stopped running. We got busted by the guy that manages the place while we were eating dinner sitting in our chairs outside of the RV. He works for the railroad, and was on his way home, and stopped. We told him we were leaving after dinner... we had planned on staying there, but didn't really get a good vibe from him. So we cleaned up our dinner and left. Drove down the road to the next town and there was nothing. No where to park and no RV parks. I had dumped the tanks earlier, and we figured we would stay on the side of the road somewhere anyway. Jeff found a place on the internet and directed his phone to lead us into the place. She took us on gravel roads, winding around, and finally we "arrived" at the RV park which either didn't exist, or the iPhone couldn't find it! We finally stumbled across a HUGE river gorge out here, which I wish I could have seen in full light! The road we were on was suddenly closed up ahead, so we turned around, and spied a flat gravel spot. That is where we are. No phone, no internet.

I'm not really liking this spot too much. I think it is too remote, although as the crow flies, I think that Grace is less than a mile away.

And, without internet, I can't download pictures or post my blog. I am forced, once again, to simply write in Word, and hope to upload it tomorrow!

Today was a very good day for Jeff, though. He left the McCurdy's house, and it was about 15 miles downhill to the next town! It was a beautiful area, too. I loved driving back down the back of that hill, although I never saw any moose. I really wanted to see a moose! I did see a beaver standing on the side of the road, but when I got close, he turned tail and ran back down to the creek. Anyway, Jeff ended up with 40 miles on his feet today, which is the most he has done. Thankfully, most of it was downhill. He is getting in shape really well! The Road Ahead is looking good!

Early in the morning, Jeff is heading down the road.
This was a great road to run on! Glad I got my turn on it!







Not sure what these huge birds are!

I had coffee with the McCurdy's before leaving. They had to be to church, and I went searching for Jeff. There really was nothing else about the day that stood out, other than the high mileage, and getting busted where we planned on parking!

There were some interesting flowers on the side of the road, too.




Hopefully, tomorrow will be a good day with internet! 

And I just realized that I forgot to post a Mailbox of the Day yesterday! Actually, I don't think that Jeff found any, as I didn't see any pics of them. But there are several good ones for today!

Interesting bank of boxes.

I love the metal work on some of these!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment