Friday, June 6, 2014

June 5 National Park Camping!

I was hoping to have some internet/phone service today so that I could upload yesterday's blog. Not a chance! So here I am again, making my blog as a word document.... maybe tomorrow we will have internet! There are pics to upload, too! Every now and then today the phone would say it had a connection, but it wasn't enough to operate on the computer.

Today is the sixth running day for Jeff. He is up just over 30 miles a day now. He has remembered to use his recovery drink for two days in a row! And the scenery is really amazing, with all the little rivers and waterfalls! And the pine trees and redwood trees. It smells heavenly here!

 


We couldn't find an RV park for tonight. The one we stayed at last night was awesome! But, it is really too far to go back to. So, when Jeff got done running today, we drove up the road looking for something. Without internet, we couldn't just search! 


Unfortunately, we found nothing. Although we are in the middle of the Willamette National Forest, so there are lots of NFS camping grounds. Which is where we ended up! And, we went right back to where he stopped running, so again, I don't have to get up really early and drive him somewhere! Life is good!



Actually, today was pretty uneventful. There were no problems with the coach or anything. So, I just went down the road until I found a place to park on the side (not always an easy task!) that is about 3-5 miles away. Then when he gets to me, we replenish his supplies, water, cookies, etc. I simply sit and read. At least for now. I am into the third Hunger Games book, and it is pretty good so far. I will probably finish it tomorrow! Hope I get some internet soon so I can download some more books. Then there is still the tax thing I have to deal with. Sadly, I am procrastinating on that one!


Oh, there was one place I pulled off that was so wonderful! It was right next to the river, and it was making all kinds of great noise! I took a short video. I will try to post it later. Our camp ground has a river below, also, but I didn't feel comfortable driving the Big Beast down the hill to the waters edge. It tends to scrape the ground on inclines.... so we took an "upper" camp ground, which is right off the road. But we can still hear the river a bit.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment