Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July 13, Can I Even Remember That Far Back?

So, as you are probably aware, my motherboard crashed. It has been quite difficult to convince Dell what needed to be done, but after spending $90 on a local tech in Steamboat Springs, and about 4 phone calls to Dell, I got a motherboard installed yesterday in Colorado Springs. I never thought it would be over a week! So I am catching up. Bear with me. I will try to reconstruct as best I can!

So we headed out from the Colorado State Park on the Yampa River that morning, towards Steamboat Springs. I love Steamboat! Used to be my favorite ski area!

But first, we went through a little town called Hayden. Hayden was a nice little town, almost looked like a bedroom community. Lots of residential without anything else.

Looks fake... probably is!


Hmmm.... people have a sense of humor out here!
This is the Hayden school mascot. Very nice tiger!
 Between the towns, I took a short turn on the road. I went through some amazing rock cliffs, right on the highway! I just love looking at all the rocks. This particular cliff had an eagles nest up top, and a bunch of swallow nests. I imagine that the swallows have a LOT of mosquitoes to eat around here!

 

Once we got into Steamboat Springs, Jeff stopped in at a very brand new local brewery. The guys that owned it are brothers. The beer was good, and Jeff made some friends there, as he does everywhere!

 

 

So if you are near Steamboat, drop in at the Storm Peak Tap Room! Tell them Jeff said hi!

Jeff continues his trend of finding weird stuff on the road, also. I just don't find anything out of the ordinary, but he is prolific with his junk!

So this is a lost phone! Doesn't appear to work any longer.....
A Texas tag, brand new!

Of course, as you might imagine, the scenery is still amazing. There is something different about Steamboat ski mountain in the summer, too! ;)

 

I loved the Yampa River! It flows right through Steamboat, and
a lot of people float on it. Big thing in the summer!


The Road Ahead Pic for the Day
Steamboat ski mountain in the summer.
 There are wildflowers everywhere here! Every color you can imagine, too. And Jeff keeps finding these interesting bicycle artsy things....

                                                                                  That is a roadrunner riding that bike!


















And since we went through a town, we got a Mailbox of the Day pic! Yea!

Skis!


This one is missing something!
 






No comments:

Post a Comment